Your body’s digestive and elimination systems are key to a well functioning immune system. Unfortunately, the modern American diet creates havoc with these systems because it is so high in refined carbohydrates.
The following breakfast recipe is designed to strengthen the body’s digestive and elimination functions and thereby support optimal functioning of your immune system. People who use it regularly notice an increased resistance to infections and fewer allergic reactions as well as improved digestion.
For best results, this recipe should be eaten 2-4 times a week over a period of 2 months.
Note: the following recipe is not designed to be hypoallergenic and must be modified as needed to suit your personal dietary requirements.
- Whole Grains
- 4 cups organic rolled whole grains (oats, barley, triticale, rye, etc.)
- 2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1 cup raw, unsalted nuts, chopped
- Seeds (can be can be ground in a blender or coffee grinder if desired)
- 1 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 1 cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup ground milk thistle seeds
- Digestive & Nutritional Support (optional)
- 1 cup organic, non-GMO soy lecithin granules
- Mix all ingredients well and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- For each serving, soak ½ cup dry mixture in soymilk, rice milk, nut milk, diluted fruit juice or water, at least 30 minutes (overnight is okay)
- To increase the protein value, eat with yogurt or tofu
- During winter months try warming your breakfast gently before eating
Recipe developed by Bruce Milliman, N.D.